So, I usually leave the blogging on here to my infinitely more beautiful and talented wife. But today I decided to get on here and let everyone know I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
9 years ago today, I crawled out of bed after a COMPLETELY sleepless night and started to get ready for the biggest day of my life. I was excited, anxious, nervous, and maybe a little scared all at the same time.
I arrived at the madhouse that was Temple Square. I have never seen a temple so crowded. I guess it had been closed for a couple of weeks for cleaning, and this day was the first day it was open after that. I do not like crowds in the least. My morning started to quickly deteriorate. After fighting through the crowd to get to the front desk, I realized that I had forgotten my tuxedo in my car which was parked about a mile away. My morning is getting worse. I'm not sure why, but I had worn slip-on shoes with no back that day, so if I tried to do anymore than a fast walk, my shoes would fly right off my feet. By the time I make it back into the temple and fight my way back through the crowd I hate so much, I was in a bad state.
We go into the temple and I get dressed and this old guy leads me to this little room with about 5-6 other guys who are all just sitting and waiting. It felt like I was sitting there forever, and the longer I sat, the more irritated I seemed to be getting.
Then it happened. The most beautiful girl in the world walked through the door. It was like I had never seen her properly before then. She was gorgeous! At that instant, every last ounce of irritation and nervousness and anxiousness melted away.
9 years later, Jaimee is even more beautiful than she was that day in the temple, and gets more so everyday. She is my best friend and I can't imagine my life without her and the boys.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
I LOVE YOU BABE!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Jeff, you made me cry. That was the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. I hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary. Call me if you need a babysitter so you two can go celebrate!
That is so sweet, and I can't believe it has been 9 years!!! I remember I was there! It was such a beautiful day and you both are wonderful people.
That was so sweet Jeff . . . She is a lucky woman!!
Happy Anniversary!!
Congrats you guys! I am so thankful I could be with you on that special day :)
Happy Anniversary! I agree with you, Jeff. She is a great gal!
Post a Comment