Thursday, October 7, 2010

Up the Canyon

We are so lucky to be able to live so close to AF Canyon. A few weeks ago my mom and dad asked if we wanted to go up and have a cookout. I immediately jumped on it since I had been feeling guilty for not doing very many fun things with the kids this summer since Jeff has been having such a hard time.

The kids LOVED it! As soon as we got to a good spot they immediately started climbing up the mountain. I, of course, worried the whole time that they were going to slip and fall since it was covered in tiny rocks, but they did a great job.

So proud of themselves.

Dayton helped out by pushing Ellie around while we got the food ready.


Nothing better than hot dogs and chips. Throw in a little watermelon to call it healthy and you're good to go.


I was dumb and had not thought about how chilly it gets up there in the evenings, so we were a little ill prepared. But one of the advantages of never cleaning out your van is that you can always find what you need - like this blanket.


I was glad to be able to use these giant marshmallows that I had found at Walmart earlier in the summer. They are seriously huge!


Ellie had to be sure she got a taste of the s'more as well....she was so cute with her little face all covered in sticky white.
We really need to do this more often next year. Everyone had a great time. And the best part was that the kids all went to sleep in about 30 seconds that night. Gotta love the fresh air.

1 comment:

Cameron Linde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.