Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Ellie!!!!

Wow, this year has absolutely flown by! I know I say a similar thing every time one of my kids has a birthday, but this really does seem faster than normal. My sweet little girl is one today. Here she is when she was first born - I forgot she had such chubby cheeks!


And this morning, right after she woke up. I couldn't get a real smile out of her unless I put the camera down, the little stinker!
Ellie really is just amazing. She is happy almost all the time. And she doesn't need to be constantly entertained by me - she's perfectly content to just play with whatever's around. She LOVES her brothers...she gets really excited when they walk into the room. She thinks she's hilarious when she does things that she knows she's not supposed to. She loves to eat, and has eaten everything offered to her except eggs, but I've only tried that once so far. Her favorite person is my mom, who she will choose even over me sometimes. I love that she's so tiny still, although I do wish she could fit into some of her cute shoes! She makes me smile all through the day, and is the best thing ever to cheer me up. I still can't believe how crazy it was when she was born with us barely making it to the hospital - that really does not seem like it was a whole year ago. We are SO grateful to have her in our family....the boys think she is just wonderful. We love you Ellie Belle!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! She is so cute! Isn't having a girl around fabulous!? :)

Brother said...

I hope the cake is yummy

Anonymous said...

Ellie BellE - that way she sounds beautiful and not like she is ringing :)

Corinne said...

Happy birthday! You are so cute Ellie!