Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Ellie!!!

My cute little Ellie Bells is three today! She is just so awesome. She has some magical quality about her that makes everyone love her right away. And it doesn't hurt that she's absolutely adorable. She has such a sweet little face and her hair is gorgeous. One of my very favorite things to do is play with her hair. Of course a lot of the time it is sticky from yogurt/a sucker/etc. so it takes awhile to get it ready to play with but it's so fun. And she loves seeing pictures of herself after with fancy hair. She has had a ton of hair since she was born:


 I always forget what chubby cheeks she used to have. She is such a tiny thing now - she only weighs 24 pounds! She sure can hold her own against her brothers though. She loves playing with them. Her nursery teacher told me the other day that she is the toughest girl in there. Three older brothers will do that to a girl. They love her to death too - they all cater to her every whim most of the time. Only Tucker will stand up to her since he's closest in age - they are either best best friends or arguing like crazy.

We have started to have a preview of the loveliness that turning three brings (can you sense the sarcasm?) I have always found that two-year-olds are fantastic while three-year-olds can be absolutely awful. Instead of getting angry and hitting things like the boys did she just has full on emotional breakdowns over really silly things. There were a few days last night where I thought I was going to lose my mind because she spent the whole day either whining or completely flipping out. But most of the time she really is delightful. She has the cutest little giggle and I love all the funny little things she thinks of. A couple of days ago she told me she was thinking with her chin and I didn't understand until then she started tapping her chin with her finger like she always does when she's trying to figure something out. So cute.

She really, really loves Charlie. She always calls him Baby Charlie Boy. She thinks he's the best thing to ever happen to us. She has never had one minute of jealousy over him. Only the backwards kind - she doesn't like it when other people hold him. If someone at church takes him she gets very worried. Even if my dad takes him and calls him "my Charlie boy" she makes sure that he knows that Charlie is OURS.

Ellie is very, very girly. She changes clothes about ten times a day and is very picky about what she wears. She loves all of her hair bows. And she really, really, really loves shoes. Her favorite ones are a pair of Minnie Mouse shoes that are yellow and glittery just like the shoes Minnie wears. And they have itty bitty heels on them. I got them at a garage sale for 75 cents this summer and it's probably the best 75 cents I've ever spent. She is so adorable running around the house in her little heels.

She also has a great vocabulary and picks up big words from the rest of us all the time. After she gets new clothes on she will look down and say "I look fantastic!" And one of the funniest was a couple of weeks ago after she had changed clothes she said "There. Now I'm comfy AND stylish." I have no idea where she picked that up from.

I suppose I better wrap this up. She is just so much fun! We love her!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to have a few days in one night must have been really difficult. Hard to imagine with such an adorable little cutie.
Happy Birthday to Ellie!

Brother said...

Wohoo Ellie