I am absolutely stunned that my little boy is one today! It only dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that it was so close to his birthday. I mean, I knew he was 11 months but somehow a couple of weeks ago all of a sudden it hit me that he was almost a year. And time has completely flown by since then.
Where do I even begin with him? He is just so awesome. He is so fun and giggly but also sweet and cuddly at times. He is seriously the best baby ever. He is almost never fussy and about the only thing I could complain about is that sometimes he's a teeny bit attached to me and it's hard to put him down and get stuff done. Oh, and sleeping. But that seems to be getting better lately and it's my fault anyways.
He is just such a fun little guy. His favorite thing in the whole world is to play peek-a-boo of sorts with Jeff. Jeff will stand behind me while I'm holding him and pop up over my shoulder and Charlie just laughs and laughs. Then he will start trying to find Jeff first and lunge over one side or the other to try and get him first. It is hysterical. He loves all of his crazy siblings too - he is enchanted with Ellie's hair and tries to yank on it every chance he gets. He LOVES food all of a sudden. Mostly just baby food though and crackers. Anything that is a solid little piece of something he just spits out, every time. But we can't feed him the baby food fast enough at dinnertime. He has also learned that when I am eating something he definitely wants to try it. And then spit it right out unless it's smooth like yogurt.
As to what he can do, he is trying more and more to walk. The most I've seen so far is 5 steps in a row, and he's pretty slow and cautious about them. Dayton taught him patty cake the other day in the car and he loves that. His favorite part must be the rolling because as soon as you start singing it he starts rolling his little arms as fast as he can. He loves to clap lately - anytime we say 'yea' or 'good job' he gets a big grin and starts clapping for himself because he knows he did something good. He also loves to wave at me, especially from in his carseat at the store.
I am so, so grateful that we are so lucky to have Charlie in our family. He is amazing and we all love him to pieces. He makes me smile every day and I wish that he could just stay at this age forever - all smiles and so lovey. Sweet, sweet baby boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment