Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Soccer Game

Wow, what a difference a year makes. Last year Duncan barely tried at all during his soccer games. He mostly just stood around and played with another little kid. But this year he is loving it. He ran nonstop the whole time and got quite a few good kicks in.

Leading the charge

Nice big kick to start the play


Here's a zoomed in shot of him getting creamed by the other team's player


With his coach :)

Afterwards I took him out for a special lunch date with just him and me to celebrate him starting kindergarten on Monday. He thought that was pretty cool.

3 comments:

Just Only Me said...

It's fun to see him in action! Bet he loved it even more now that he's bigger.

Gwen said...

can you believe our little monkeys are starting kindergarten?!!! It doesn't seem that long ago when we were both pregnant together and swapping birth stories! Lydia is So excited. I should take her to do something fun too, what a great idea!

Lisa O said...

How fun to have Jeff coaching soccer, and I can't believe Duncan is starting kindergarten! We've just started to do one-on-one dates with our boys and we all look forward to them. I'm glad you got to enjoy a special lunch with your kindergartener. That's a great picture of the two of you!