Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Since the dinosaur costume (see below) wouldn't work for school with its giant tail and I didn't want to have Duncan wear his trick or treating costume to school, he needed to come up with something else. So he decided on an alien. On Thursday he went over to my mom's house and came up with his costume. He made it almost all by himself. I think he did a great job!

For their 'real' costumes I wanted to do something fun with their hair and something that they could all be together. We had been reading The Cat in the Hat a lot lately, so one day I asked if they wanted to be Thing 1 and Thing 2. Lucky for me they went for it! I couldn't figure how to make Tucker the goldfish, which is what the boys wanted, and there was no way he could keep a giant hat on his head, so we decided to just go with Thing 2 1/2.



This is the house where the boys decided they needed to go potty.


Tucker is delighted with the whole knocking on the door bit.


He has discovered candy and he loves it!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Your kids costumes were my favorite of the night for sure. They are so cute. Are you guys busy on Thursday? We were wondering if you want to come over for dinner and games. The Madsens are coming and so are Nick and Annette. Let me know what you think. Or I'll call you later.

Just Only Me said...

They are ADORABLE!!! You're so creative, I love the Thing 2 1/2 part. I was in giggles. Great job.

Just Only Me said...

Hey! Thanks for the iPod. I love your taste in music, so I hope that you put a playlist of your faves. :)

The Tufts said...

You have the best ideas for Halloween costumes! You should write a book. Lucky kids to get to have some costume changes. Have fun with your "Things"!
p.s. What were YOU for Halloween?

Just Only Me said...

Sorry to hear about Jeff still not feeling well, keep us posted.