Well, we had a big milestone in our family yesterday. Dayton bore his testimony in Sacrament Meeting. One of the little boys in his primary class got up, so Dayton decided that he wanted to too. He wanted Jeff to take him and he was fine with that, but when I reminded Jeff that he couldn't tell him what to say he didn't want him to go up anymore because he was afraid of what he might come up with. But I thought we should at least give him a chance and didn't want to discourage him from wanting to bear his testimony. So we crossed our fingers. He did a great job! He started by saying that he wanted to say his testimony, and then it kind of turned into a prayer. He kept saying "please bless....", filling it in with Tucker, our new baby, and that everyone could be good. He actually talked for a couple of minutes. But all in all I think it was pretty good for a first time. Before next month we'll have to have a family home evening about what makes a testimony exactly. What's funny is that I had had the thought yesterday that Dayton would probably be the first one to go up, before Duncan. Duncan has much more stage fright then Dayton does. I think he was rather impressed that Dayton got up there. Anyways, it was very sweet and we are so proud of him.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so sweet! I think kids are brave for getting up there at all--most of us adults are too scared!
Nice t.v.! When my FIL bought one, he told my MIL that he bought it for her to watch conference on, so she could feel like she was really there. :)
I'm excited to see that you are coming to the reunion! It will be fun getting to meet those darling boys in person!
Post a Comment