Hooray, Hooray! Dayton is finally on a soccer team. He has waited so long and has been so excited. Saturday was his first game, and he did pretty good. Of course most of the time the kids are just in a big clump around the ball, but his team did score two goals.
Somehow just about every shot I got of Dayton was from the back, darn it. He was pretty good at trying to keep up with everyone. He actually did better than I thought he would since a lot of times he is not really one for exercise.

The funniest part about the game was that the kids had no clue about out of bounds. Over and over again when the ball went out they all kept right on playing. The coaches had to go and get the ball from them to start over. Jeff is coaching Dayton's team this year (he is switching off with the boys every other year) and he said it is SO different with such little kids. I think he wishes he was doing Duncan's team again, but I told him he had to share.

Luckily, the field next to Dayton's was empty so Tucker could play his own game.

Duncan's team did awesome at their first game. It is a lot of the same kids from his team last year, but without the kids who didn't really want to be playing. Everyone is really into it now. Duncan just goes for it every time with no worry. I can't count the number of times he falls down, gets rolled over, etc. during a game.

I love this one - he just looks so happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment