I really was not very excited for school to start again. First of all, I am sending the two easiest off so it's not like things are any easier here. In fact, they're a little more difficult b/c Duncan was a huge help a lot of times. Second, I hate getting up early and I hate waking up to an alarm every morning.

Clearly, the boys are not a big fan of 7 AM either. Poor Dayton took several tries before he could get out of bed. They weren't very happy about the flash going off in their face either. I had to assure them that I wouldn't be waking them up that way again.

The traditional ABC pancakes. Duncan got cursive this since this is the year he'll learn cursive. It took him a few minutes to figure out which way was right side up.

My kids are cursed with my inability to smile nicely for the camera. It was either showing me their teeth or maniacal laughing. But I persevered and eventually got some acceptable ones.

Duncan declined to have me come to his class with him but Dayton was happy to have me walk him in and take his picture at his desk. He has been so excited to start first grade and get to take lunch to school. Speaking of, he did manage to lose his lunchbag after lunch...we are hoping it turns up soon.
I think this is the first year that I haven't felt like I screwed something up on the first day of school - go me!
1 comment:
I wish they'd stop teaching cursive. Seems like a waste.
Post a Comment