Thursday, August 18, 2011

We Love the ER

With three boys we have had our fair share of trips to the emergency room. The latest was for Tucker. He was playing at my mom's neighbor's house with another little boy his age, and apparently they were playing a game called 'Throw Tucker'. It did not end well.

I put the pictures in backwards, so sorry. Here he is after it was all over. Very proud of himself for doing so well.


He got thrown into a table and cut his head on the corner of it. It was seriously a huge, gaping hole in his head. I should have taken a picture, but it really was too gross. The last time he needed stitches (earlier this year) he was terrified and screamed bloody murder the whole time so I decided to pay the extra money to go to the ER instead of Instacare because they could sedate him there. Well, guess what. He did fine. I guess it's the difference between on his forehead where he couldn't see and on his chin.


He really was a champ. He watched Cars on my ipod and the doc brought him two green suckers and he did great. Six stitches overall. This brings our grand total to four sets of stitches and two sets of staples. I guess that's not a horrible record for four kids.....right?

1 comment:

Just Only Me said...

Poor Tucker! Glad to see how brave he is. I'm so glad he wasn't hurt more, as far as stitches go, those are pretty stinking cool!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, so fun to hear from you! We're headed to Logan next week, how far away are we from you?? I'd love to see you and your fam!